John 8 - I AM


John 8:58 – “Jesus said to them, Most assuredly,
I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”


Before the world and time began,
Jesus is the great I AM (John 1:1).
When history’s finished up His plan,
Jesus is the great I AM (Revelation 22:13).
Before I ever took a breath,
Jesus is the great I AM (Psalm 139).
And someday when I’ve passed through death,
Jesus is the great I AM (Revelation1:17-18).

He rules above this pagan world;
Jesus is the great I AM (Psalm 2).
Though insults at Him it has hurled,
Jesus is the great I AM (Philippians 2:5-11).
His love has conquered my heart, too;
Jesus is the great I AM (Ephesians 3:14-21).
I’ve found Him always kind and true;
Jesus is the great I AM (Isaiah 61:1-3).

He’s Bread of Life, all that I need;
Jesus is the great I AM (John 6:35).
He’s Light exposing darkest deeds;
Jesus is the great I AM (John 3:16-21).
He’s Shepherd gently tending sheep;
Jesus is the great I AM (John 10).
He’s One Who in our sorrow weeps;
Jesus is the great I AM (John 11:32-36).

The only ladder from earth to heaven,
Jesus is the great I AM (John 14:6).
He can declare our sins forgiven;
Jesus is the great I AM (Mark 2:1-12).
He is the True Vine bringing life;
Jesus is the great I AM (John 15:1-9).
In Him our thirst is satisfied;
Jesus is the great I AM (John 4:13-14).

What glorious, wondrous One He is!
Jesus is the great I AM (Revelation 1:5-8).
Eternity’s authority His,
Jesus is the great I AM (Hebrews 1).
Yet this great God’s with me today;
Jesus is the great I AM (Matthew 28:20).
So naught else matters, come what may;
Jesus is the great I AM (I Peter 1:3-9).


Hebrews 13:8 - “Jesus Christ is the same
yesterday, today, and forever.”