John 20 - Blessed

Jesus said unto him, Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed:
blessed are those that have not seen, and yet have believed.
…Jesus Christ, Whom having not seen you love.
Though now you do not see Him, yet believing,
you rejoice with joy inexpressible and full of glory,”
(John 20:29, 1 Peter 1:7-8)
 
 
I see by faith Him my eyes do not yet see,
And this believing brings a well of happiness in me!
To know Jesus in the deepest part of who I am
Brings a comfort and a peace that naught else can.
 
You are mine, and I know You as my Lord!
I have heard Your Voice speak through Your Word.
I have seen by faith Your smile that makes me whole.
I have felt Your upward tug upon my soul.
 
The joy we share is beyond earthly compare:
Abiding fellowship of sweet communion rare,
Sacred gift from God Who reaches down to men,
Salvation’s cup of benefits fresh yet again.
 
You are mine, and I know You as my Friend!
Your nail-scarred hands hold me in love that will not end.
You’re with me everywhere I go,
And Your Truth the splendors of Your glory show.
 
So blessed am I, as I lay me down this night
To talk with You, Who will surely bring forth morning’s light.
Your Spirit’s breeze brings refreshing, cooling balm;
Your eyes look into mine with stabilizing calm.
 
You are mine, and I know You as my Joy!
Bread of Life and King of Light in Whose employ
I yield myself in glad allegiance.
Faith in You will always make a world of difference!