I Answer to Jesus

“…Unto Him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in His own blood,  And hath made us kings and priests unto God and His Father; to Him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen. And when I saw Him, I fell at His feet as dead. And He laid His right hand upon me, saying unto me, Fear not…” Rev. 1:5-6, 17

I report straight to the Captain,
Not some human go-between,
And this privilege of access
To me means everything.

I hardly dare to lift my gaze
Into the eyes of Jesus;
Too often emotion leads my way,
But I want to trust Him and obey.

He suffered much because of love;
His courage strengthens me.
He looks at me and loves me yet,
Compelling me to faithful be.

In great compassion He still seeks out
That little girl of long ago
Who loved Him eagerly, fully.
He hasn’t changed; this truth I know.

Knowing I may come boldly,
Though I am so unworthy,
Inspires me to make Him proud,
For He can truly change me.

Oh, Savior, make me strong in Your grace:
To steady and smiling be like You,
To reflect You to my kids and Bill.
Please let Your Spirit fill me anew.

It’s time to go; the day has started,
But my Captain will march along with me.
Whenever I wish I may look at Him,
And no longer fearful, but faithful be.