John 15 - To Live Is Christ


“As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love,
just as I have kept My Father’s commandments and abide in His love.
These things I have spoken to you, that My joy may remain in you,
and that your joy may be full.” (John 15:9-11)


Coveted prizes we all search for –
Forever love, real joy, and more –
Are promised by Christ to those who abide
In Him by keeping His words their guide.

It seems so simple; how can it be
That loving obedience sets us free
To the life we’ve always yearned to know,
A life of fulfillment His glory to show?

I know not the answer to this mystery,
How God Who is holy could live through me;
Yet His Spirit within me whispers, “Keep trying,
For grace and strength I’m always supplying.”

Truly my Savior walks with me
As surely as in Bible history,
How can I not then in fellowship dear
Cling to the One Whose words are so clear?

Abide in Him in busy times.
Abide in Him in quiet sublime.
Abide in Him when everything’s good.
Abide in Him when life’s not as I would.

Today then, sweet Jesus, Spirit, and Father,
Bring life to this branch, my will to take over.
Help me choose to obey, leaning hard upon You,
When my first reaction would ugliness spew.

Let the fruit of Your Spirit flower and grow,
Until my Jesus in everything shows.
My vinedresser Father’s patient care
Will surely in me bring full harvest to bear.