John 17 - Everything

I pray for them. I am not praying for the world
but for those You have given Me, because they are Yours.
Everything I have is Yours and everything You have is Mine,
and I have been glorified in them. (John 17:9-10, HCSB)
 
"Everything I have is Yours,"
Said Jesus to the Father.
Though I'm not He, yet still I see
Truth there that can apply to me:
 
I should hold all with open hands
Before My Father-King,
And seek to yield to His commands -
Surrender as His will demands.
 
My time, possessions, family,
Reputation, skills and goals,
These aren't my own, but His freely
To mold as best for His glory.
 
Also, the things I do not like
He nailed to Calvary with love’s spike;
Failures intrinsic to my past
Have met their match in Him at last.
 
"Everything You have is Mine,"
Said Jesus to the Father.
Though I'm not He, yet still I see
Truth there that may apply to me:
 
He has all power, wisdom, grace,
Peace, untarnished righteousness.
When I a pauper first believed,
I then access to these received!
 
The treasure-trove of all He is
He opens grandly with a smile,
And gently gives His favor's kiss
As We journey over rocky miles.
 
Here is the punch line of those verses
Jesus prayed to His Father:
The things they share He referenced there
Are us His followers, children, heirs.
 
We are His prized redemptive focus -
Designed to know Him, bear His glory.
Though frail and stumbling we may be,
Yet with us He wants unity.
 
Then rise up and walk on in faith,
My soul; you are not hopeless waif.
And sing with Him the Victor's song;
His strength will always make you strong.
 
Everything I have is His,
And everything He has is mine.
Nothing can ever alter this,
And all I need in Him I find.