Beyond, Yet Near

“For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity,
whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place,
with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble,
and to revive the heart of the contrite ones.” Isaiah 57:15

Holy Father, God of eternity,
Son and Spirit, holy Trinity:
You are vast beyond all measure;
In You alone is wisdom’s treasure;
You made us only for Your pleasure.

Mighty Son, both God and man,
Father, Spirit, Who make all plans:
You are unfathomably great;
You do as You alone dictate;
You make us fit for Heaven’s gate.

Awesome Spirit, gentle yet strong,
Abba, Father, and Son, my Song:
Your work in my heart knows no end;
You cut out sin as skillful Friend;
On Your close presence I depend.

Sovereign God and Triune King,
Reaching out to touch all things:
I know You not as one day I will,
But what I know is enough to fill
My soul, and all my questions still.

You are God of Light and Lord of all,
Beyond this world, yet I may call
On You to help me through today.
And so I do, and I hear You say,
“I am with You always, to the end.”
With joy then for You my life I’ll spend.