To Love You


“Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is:
Hear, O Israel, the LORD our God, the LORD is one.
And you shall love the LORD your God with all your heart,
with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.
This is the first commandment.” Mark 12:29-30

"To love the LORD my God,"
This is the great command.
It is the highest call that my
Allegiance can demand.

“To love the LORD my God
With all my heart and soul,
With all my mind and strength,”
This is my foremost goal.

I love You with my heart!
Feelings, desires bend their knee
To You, for You gave up Your own
In dark Gethsemane.

I love You with my soul!
My spirit yearns for You,
Creator and Completer Who
Alone breathes life and truth.

I love You with my mind!
Thoughts, questions, reasonings
Do kneel in faith and choose to dwell
On You the Answer, wisdom’s well.

I love You with my strength!
All that within me is
Unites to give You worship’s awe
As long as I shall live.

Your love has beckoned me,
With kindness drawn me close.
I thank You for unfailing grace;
You will not loosen Your embrace.

And so as child to Father,
Your smiles have drawn out mine.
Though stumbling, I give back my love,
For this life and then that above.